Thursday, May 08, 2008

Picking on the little guy...

I'm not quite sure what to say about this. I checked my e-mail a few moments ago to be greeted by the following:



Seems one of my videos was reported for copyright violation. A video I liked because it would probably keep the people in it from ever entering public office. A video that garnered a paltry 1,011 hits over the course of 14 months! Surely there are bigger fish to fry? What's worse is what's said within the notification I got by e-mail:

In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others.

Seriously? What's the point? A YouTube without copyright infringement is like Islam without the misogyny. Where's the fun in that? I was fully aware of all the talk about eliminating the copyright infringement, but I thought that it was just to keep the greedy corporate whores happy!

Enjoy the videos while you can, dear reader, for their days are numbered.

(Until I upload them elsewhere, at least)

EDIT: The video in question has been reuploaded to MegaVideo - hopefully they won't submit to corporate pressure!

No comments: