Friday, March 21, 2008

Tsk Tsk

I feel an apology is in order for the dearth of updates this month - I've been busting my chops (or trying to at least) to get my thesis finished in the next few days. Rather than post something clever to tide you over, however, I think I'll instead post arguably the most pointless blog entry I will ever make (but don't hold me to that).

My friend Fin has developed something of a schoolgirl crush on the people responsible for captioning the pictures on RTÉ's news website, featuring their endeavours twice over the past week on his blog. And rightly so! The pith caption for this ill-fitting photo is so dry I've had to moisturise my eyes twice now since reading it.


Whilst trying to distract myself from this vapour-sapping sentence-construction, I couldn't help but notice a ridiculous grammatical error in the article itself:

Uch. "They was"? Oh really, paid RTÉ journalist? Aaaah - forget it. Rather than launch into a pointless ramble that further reveals the extent of my vacuous, pedantic gittery, I'll take this opportunity to ponder the possibility that I might actually be too harsh on all news outlets, because after all- aren't we all human?

I don't consider it a new leaf, but rather an unwillingness to beat you over the head with the same old nonsense. Decent updates coming soon, I promise! In the meantime - check out the other example of journalistic excellence that Fin promotes!

No comments: