Monday, April 13, 2009

Have you heard the good news?

For those of you trying to make sense of what exactly the significance of Easter Sunday and its surrounding rituals is, I direct you to this text-message exchange between my girlfriend and I on Easter Sunday, in which enlightenment was dispensed:

At 15:53:14 she wrote:
Happy jesus as a bunny day! Wait... That's not right, is it? Ok, happy jesus is a fertility god day...nope, still not right...

At 16:08:49 I replied:
You damn proddies are all the same. It's "happy zombie Jesus day", and the chocolate eggs we eat symbolise our messiah's insatiable appetite for braaaaaaaaaiins.
At 16:36:36 (about a replyless half hour later) I wrote:
Heh heh. "Zombie Jesus" I'm so funny.

1 comment:

UberApe said...

"The chocolate eggs we eat symbolise our messiah's insatiable appetite for braaaaaaaaaiins".

That would make a lot more sense than the batshit ideas of Christianity.